Sunday, October 12, 2014

Memos to my pet

Ever since L and I embarked on our D/s journey in May 2012 (has it been that long?) one of the many constant regularities has been L receiving from me a daily memo by way of email. Well, for the most part. There have been some "hiccups" along the way and there have been times there have been no memos.

But for the most part, they are quite consistent. They typically are not sent on weekends unless one of us is out of town. They are usually sent on weekdays, sent from me at work to L at work...from me not at work to L at work...from me at work to L not at work.

They always start off the same way. "Monday memo to my pet" will be the subject line for tomorrow, and so on, and so forth. For awhile there when we observed Fucktoy Friday the memo was "Friday memo to my Fucktoy." Last Monday, my first memo after I proposed to her, the memo was "Monday memo to my fiancee." On the rare occasion, L has sent the memo to me first.

Our relationship started because of emails between the two of us. It continues to thrive because of emails between the two of us. I do not know how many emails have been exchanged over the years.

My memo will typically start off by reflecting on whatever happened between us the night before and will almost always offer some declaration of love. Sometimes, if I am not pleased with what happened the night before or that morning, it will be a scolding and expectation of what is going to happen later that day.

A couple of months ago I started administering some rules over how L has to reply to my memo. I put a timeframe of having her reply within half an hour after receiving it. I gave her directives that her reply has to start off with "Sir" and end with "Your Obedient Pet."

L is almost never as verbose as I am with my memos. Some of my memos are brief, some fill up the entire screen. I am a writer. Words come to me.

Sometimes if L does not respond within the timeframe, I ask her if my words bore her...if she would prefer not to read them.

She begs forgiveness, types, and hits send.

The memos always start off with some acknowledgment of our D/s relationship, but over the course of the day they typically transcend into the day to day...who is going to pick up our youngest from day care, what bills have to be paid, what we are having for dinner. Vanilla topics, for the most part, but all under the subject line of "....... Memo to my Pet."

I think a lot about what I am going to put in my memo to L each day, type it out, and hit send. I always look forward to that reply from her, just as she looks forward to opening up her email and seeing that message from me in her inbox.

As I said, our relationship  began because of words, because of thousands of emails exchanged between two lost souls.

Those souls are no longer lost, I am happy to report.

But the words continue to flow, with a cadence and rhythm that only we understand. We type our thoughts out, our feelings of love, and hit send.

And on either end, after we hit send we do the same thing.

Refresh.

Refresh.

Refresh.


1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful little exchanges, with so much love and tenderness shown in what you do.

    ReplyDelete