Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's week....

...came and went. I say Valentine's Week as I celebrated the entire week with pet, placing a single rose on her pillow every day, leaving a card in her car every morning for her to get on her way to work, and having lunch delivered to her office. And at night, well, you know....you know what we do at night, why bore you with the details?

L left the day before Valentine's Day with the boys for a hockey tournament our middle son was playing in. She drove down, and I flew down to meet them the next day on Valentine's Day. Originally we thought we were going to be sharing a room with the boys and her mom, but we lucked out, and got our own room to ourselves...which we made good use of.

The day before Valentine's Day, as she was in her car making the trip down the road, I sent her the following memo of the day. She asked me if I would post it to the blog as she didn't want to lose it, so that is what I am doing.

On another note, I don't post as often as I would like. The new job has been exceptionally busy with 12 hour days most days. The silence has nothing to do with anything not happening on our end. Things on our end are very good.

L leaves on a work trip tomorrow morning, making it a week that she will be gone. A full week! My caning hand is getting twitchy already...

--S

P:

Poor girl. Feeling a bit neglected that I wouldn't send you a memo today? Of course I wouldn't forget that. No sense in sending it to you while you were driving, and I wanted to give you something to read (and respond to) when you got to your hotel room.

So like I said this morning, I am having one of those moments where I feel a bit overwhelmed by how strong my feelings are for you, how much I love you, how I can't imagine my life without you. You truly are my everything, and that feeling seems to be growing on a regular basis. I love the strength that this relationship has, I love that we overcame some huge odds to be together, odds that your average couple simply would not be able to overcome, and that we somehow managed to not only do it but come out of it on the other end better than ever.

And like you said...we knew things would be good but didn't realize how good. I think back to our early days together, the domestic fantasies we would have. I remember verbatim, word for word, emails you would send about how you wish we were going home together to eat dinner, give the babies a bath, and crawl into bed together. I remember you saying how you just wanted us to be able to live together, day to day, vacation under the sheets. That there would ever be such a day back then seemed almost impossible. That there were those days now seem like an eternity. 

I could not imagine us having anything close to that anymore. We have checks with our names on them. It is just way, way, way different now. Better. 

It also seems an eternity (though it was not that long ago) when I was battling my internal demons that got in the way of our relationship. I do not even feel like the same person anymore. I was in a bad place for a long time, and that I managed to escape that bad place and get to this point, makes me very happy. I know that you not being married anymore, and despite the reason that is, makes a huge difference for me. 

So that is most of it, really. I truly do love you and can not imagine being without you. You are it times infinity. 

Then, there is of course, the nature of our relationship, just as important now as it was in the beginning. I also can't imagine not having that as the foundation our relationship is built on. It is just so natural anymore.

I will miss you tonight, but will really miss you next week when you are gone. I am glad you will be able to get out and get your sun fix and see your dad and brother, and will take good care of the boys while you are gone.

Happy valentine's week, my love.

--Sir

1 comment:

  1. I love you.....my word man. So keeping this forever

    ReplyDelete