Monday, February 25, 2013

Discoveries


One of the more remarkable things about our D/s relationship is making the discovery that we still have so much to…discover. I would not go as far as to say that everyday brings something new, but at least every few days it seems there is some new discovery. Mostly in the bedroom, but sometimes out of the bedroom. We discover turn ons and turn offs, limits and thresholds, new rules and guidelines.

New feelings of submission.

New feelings of Dominance.

Sometimes, the discoveries are small. Last night we discovered that plastic coat hangers are effective implements for spanking. We mainly needed to start using something (a hair brush works well also) that would not be too loud, and the hanger is perfect for that. Plus, it covers a large section of ass, and leaves some nice looking welts.

L was out of town the last four days, and her absence led to a discovery for both of us as to just how powerful our connection is, and how strongly we both need each other, in particular, how we both need each other in our respective roles. On the second day she was gone, she confessed to me via text how she felt lost, and I knew exactly how she felt. Kinda lost. As if by not having her in my presence, a part of me was missing.

Now, if you have followed this blog at all, you know that some of this is nothing new. That we have dealt with issues of being apart before and the longing that comes with it. This time, however, was different. The longing and the intensity connected with it was stronger.

A big part of that is because 2013, so far, has been a really good year for us. 2012 went out as an ugly shit storm for us, an implosion of sorts, but on January 1, 2013, when the dust settled, we were still standing, holding each other…and moving on.

And we really did move on. And we made progress. Our connection became stronger, we felt more comfortable and at home in our respective roles as submissive and Dominant. We relished in each other’s companionship, whether it be simply sitting together at the local bar having a drink after work, lying in bed watching TV, me visiting her at work, or simply taking a drive out of town. L’s desire to please me grew stronger and stronger, and my desire to own and guide her grew stronger and stronger.

Normally, when L leaves town, I get hung on some of the issues of the past, and words would come out of my mouth that I would regret, and I behaved in a manner that I was not quite proud of.

This time, though, there was none of that.

Nothing that had happened between us mattered to me anymore, what mattered was what I had with L now and what I will have with her tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I had to giggle at the use of hangers because all I could think of was "no wire hangers"!

    On a serious note though, I understand the feelings of being lost when apart.

    ReplyDelete