Thursday, April 30, 2015

"H" is for "Home"

From April 30, 2015:

Pet:

Remember these words? They are not my own, but at the time I read them, and sent them to you, they so resonated with me.

The bad is that I don't know how to be with you right now. That scares the shit out of me, because I have this feeling that if I'm not with you right now, we'll get lost out there. It's a big, bad world full of twists and turns and people have a way of blinking and missing the moment. A moment that could have changed everything. I don't know what's going on with us and I can't tell you why you should waste a leap of faith on the likes of me. But damn, you smell good, like home, and you make excellent coffee. That's got to count for something, right? Call me.

Oh how true those final words are when it comes to how I feel about you.

"You smell good, like home, and you make excellent coffee...."

You are my home, all that is you, and all that we have built together as we stumbled upon each other, two lost souls in this big, bad world.

The world doesn't feel so big and bad anymore.

I love you very much.

So glad I didn't blink and miss the moment.

--Sir

No comments:

Post a Comment